Vismo GPS Location Features
The Vismo app can be quickly downloaded over the internet or, on BlackBerry, provisioned through a company BES.
- Regular automatic locations provided as often as every 5 minutes
- Configurable lower night-rate frequency
- Locations available worldwide even indoors when GPS is unavailable
- Locations sent to central website using smartphone data connection
- Locations stored if data is unavailable
- Configurable fix frequency
- Vismo "learns" location estimates over time where GPS isn't available
- Trigger a location fix from the device
- On-demand location requests from secure website
Secure Tracking Website
Current and historic locations and telemetry information all available from a secure website providing.
- People Search Facility – find people quickly in a crisis situation
- Configuration of users, groups and access
- Real time connectivity check to ensure devices are on and in
- Broadcast SMS from website to any
- Define Geo-fence
- Configuration of alert lists for panic, country-change and geo-fence alerts
- Invite new users, direct to their phone
Find out more
- Easy to trigger from a smartphone or tablet
- Instant vibration to provide a confirmation that the panic has been raised
- The panic is transmitted back to the central website using both SMS and data to ensure delivery
- A panic alert triggers emails and SMS alerts and will show a popup on all applicable browsers of the secure website
- Alert emails show mapping images of the immediate area
- A panic will covertly record an audio clip which is available on the secure website. Multiple presses will allow more audio to be recorded.
- Smartphone enters rapid fix mode after a panic (fixing every 5 minutes)
Geo-Fence and Country-Change Alerts
Geo-fences are areas on a map which may be particularly high-risk or perhaps safe areas within a generally high-risk country or province.
- Define geo-fence areas by drawing onto the map in the secure website - any shape
- Vismo sends out email or SMS alerts when a device moves into or out of a geo-fence area
- Email alerts contain mapping images showing the immediate area, the geo-fence area and a pin for the present location
- Changes of country can also prompt email alerts showing the source and destination country
We recognise that your mobile phone is first and foremost a communication device and as such, Vismo uses techniques to reduce the amount of battery used whilst maintaining a good level of accuracy for GPS location fixes.
Expected Battery Liftetime
Vismo uses approximately 6%-10% of additional battery per day on default settings.
Vismo has been designed against the manufacturer’s specifications for Smartphones therefore:
- Vismo will work on a locked or unlocked smartphones
- Vismo works on all mobile phone network types worldwide - GSM/CDMA/WCDMA
- It is not necessary to jailbreak your iPhone (many GPS tracking apps or spy apps require this)
- Vismo is an accredited BlackBerry Select Alliance Member
In addition to locating and alerting, Vismo can also be used in a workforce management scenario using Check-in/Check-out functions. Administrators can define list of actions e.g. “arrived at site”, “started job”, “work suspended”, “left site” that can be downloaded to specific devices. Members of the workforce then select the relevant action at the time and Vismo ensures that an immediate location is found and confirms to the user that the action has been recognised and sent back to the site. Often used to monitor time-on-site for remote sales staff, this feature provides a lightweight option to validating attendance.